The Diploma in Health and Social Care is a two-year course equivalent to 2 A Levels. The course will lead to a highly specialized work-related qualification where you will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills to prepare you to progress to employment or continue to study in Higher Education.
Students will benefit from a number of unique course features:
1. Opportunity to gain work experience with local employers
2. Tutors who have industry experience across a range of specialisms.
3. Development of employability skills valued by health and social care sector.
4. Close links with HE institutions with opportunities to visit for taster days.
Students can explore many career paths in relation to this course:
1. Nursing degree (Adult, Children, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities)/Midwifery
2. NHS Apprenticeships
3. Social Work/Social Care Work
4. Primary School Teaching
5. Children and Young Peoples Workforce
6. Allied Health professions e.g. Occupational Therapy
Students will be assessed by a mixture of coursework (58%), an exam and controlled assessment (42%). Controlled assessment involves completing an assignment in exam conditions with support material.
For finance information, please contact the college on 01614846600.